Net Proceeds Calculator - Calculate Your Post-Sale Proceeds
Estimated Net Proceeds Calculator
Calculate Your Post-Sale Net Proceeds
This calculator allows property sellers to estimate the proceeds they may expect from the sale of their property.
After entering this information, click Calculate and then scroll down to review your results. You may also click Reset to clear all previously entered information and start new calculations.
- Sales Price: Enter the property's selling price.
- Mortgage Payoff Enter the amount necessary to pay off all loans and mortgages against the property.
- Transfer Tax (est $3 / $1000): The state of Wisconsin assesses a real estate transfer tax of $3.00 per $1,000.00 of real estate property.
- Note that this tax does not include the value of chattel property such as certain appliances, a vehicle left with the property, etc. For example, a hole that is sold for $510,000.00 with $10,000.00 of included chattel property is taxed at $500,000.00 ($510,000.00 - $10,000.00 = $500,000.00).
- Be sure to round up to the nearest $1,000.00. For example, a property sold for $500,673.00 is taxed at $501,000.00.
- Title Insurance: Enter the cost of Title Insurance. This cost is available from your title company; your Realtor® should be able to help you determine this cost.
- Tax Proration: Enter the amount of property tax to be pro-rated to the seller.
- An existing mortgage may include a tax and insurance escrow account. If so, monies in this account will be credited to the seller.
- Miscellaneous prorations: Enter the total of prorations for items like water and sewer bills, rents, association fees, or other such items).
- Discount Points: Enter the cost of any discount points associated with your mortgage loan.
- Recording Fees: Enter the cost of any recording fees paid to record the property's deed.
- Security Deposits: (Rental properties only.) Enter the cost of any security deposits to be transferred to the new owner.
- Commissions: Enter the cost of any commissions to be paid.
- Miscellaneous: Enter any other costs not listed above.
- Marketing Coordination Fee: Enter any marketing coordination fees.
Please note that the figure shown above may be affected by costs unknown at this time. These figures do not consider Federal & State tax consequences or any pre-payment penalties that may be assessed by your current lender.
All interactive calculators and the information they provide are offered as self-help tools for your private use. Neither the calculator nor their results are intended to provide investment advice. Neither their applicability nor their accuracy is guaranteed in regards to your individual circumstances. All examples are hypothetical and for illustrative purposes. Realtor Michael Kwiatkowski strongly recommends that you seek personalized advice from competent, qualified professionals (CPA, accountants, attorneys, etc.) regarding all personal financial issues.
All Calculations should be regarded as approximate and not as reflecting exact figures. Please have your Realtor® contact your Title Company for the most accurate payoff statement(s).